We are seeking an enthusiastic Chef de Partie to join our team within the new opening here at Claridge’s - ArtSpace Café.
ArtSpace Café - Opening in October and designed by John Pawson, Claridge’s ArtSpace Café, is the perfect destination for art lovers to enjoy an artisan coffee and delicious homemade delicacies throughout the day.
Main duties & responsibilities
As a Chef de Partie you will assist Head Chef and Sous Chefs in the preparation and service of food ensuring that the highest standards are maintained at all times and to ensure that the Kitchen areas designated, equipment and utensils are always kept clean and tidy to the standards required by the Art Space Café Kitchen.
Your duties will include but will not be limited to:
- To be fully conversant with all ArtSpace Café Kitchen menu with regard to the particular items relating to your designated area;
- Ensuring that food preparation is of the highest standard at all times;
- To ensure that portion control is maintained in accordance with company guidelines;
- Submitting a correct food stock sheet for your section to Sous Chef;
- Ensuring good rotation of stocks and correct storage procedures;
- Ensure that the appropriate amount of mise-en-place is kept in stock;
- To advise Sous Chefs of any commodity needing immediate use or attention;
- Correct procedures are used, particularly in the preparation of sensitive commodities;
- Encourage communication regarding food service, especially when highly individual and personalised service is demanded from our clients;
- Being responsible for the production of food within your designated section.
Successful candidates for our Chef de Partie opportunity will:
- Demonstrate genuine dedication to Claridge’s and show a commitment to consistent quality in our product and service.
- Experience as a Chef de Partie or higher in a fast paced kitchen environment
- Hotel experience would be beneficial however not essential
- You will have a passion for food and quality products, be a team player who is an avid learner who wants to be challenged and developed.
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.