Set in the heart of Mayfair, Claridge’s is an art deco icon and a byword for understated elegance. Since the 1850s, Claridge’s has excelled at the finer things in life: glamorous design, inspiring dining, impeccable service. There are many five-star hotels in London but nowhere quite like Claridge’s.
Opening in October and designed by John Pawson, Claridge’s Art Café, is the perfect destination for art lovers to enjoy an artisan coffee and delicious homemade delicacies throughout the day.
Main duties & responsibilities
- Creating memorable experiences for our guests, simultaneously ensuring that service is prompt and professional.
- Having an advanced level of knowledge of coffee and tea and are able to speak fluently about our suppliers and any techniques directly associated with these offerings.
- Be passionate about coffee, coffee origins and coffee making.
- Being able to accurately make all coffee and tea as outlined in their training from the supplier.
- Providing intuitive service, with absolute understanding of our guests needs to create exceptional service experiences that result in lasting memories.
- Ensuring seamless service at all times.
- Creating genuine emotional bonds with guests, in order to build loyalty and create genuinely exceptional memories.
- Demonstrate genuine dedication to Claridge’s and show a commitment to consistent quality in our product and service.
- Provide intuitive service, with absolute understanding of our guests needs to create exceptional service experiences, that result in lasting memories
- Be motivated, creative and have worked in a similar role as a Barista.
- You will have a passion for food and quality products, be a team player who is an avid learner who wants to be challenged and developed.
- Be fluent in spoken and written English
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a pressured environment with the most demanding guests.
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.