Health & Safety Manager
We are seeking an exceptional Health & Safety Manager to join the Claridge’s team.
Set in the heart of Mayfair, Claridge’s is an art deco icon and a byword for understated elegance. Since the 1850s, Claridge’s has excelled at the finer things in life: glamorous design, inspiring dining, impeccable service. There are many 5-star hotels in London but nowhere quite like Claridge’s.The hotel is a unique combination of splendour and charm with long-standing connections with royalty that have led to it sometimes being referred to as “annexe to Buckingham Palace”. Claridge’s has a famous all-day dining and Afternoon Tea restaurant the ‘Foyer & Reading Room’, L’Epicerie that offers a culinary theatre of the kitchen, and three bars: Claridge’s Bar, the intimate Fumoir and effortlessly elegant Painter’s Room.
This is an exciting role for a talented individual who is looking for a new challenge and wants to join a fast paced and high performing hotel team renowned for their approach and delivery of unparalleled service.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
As a Health & Safety Manager you are responsible for:
- Ensuring a safe workplace environment without risk to health.
- Ensuring that all health & safety policies, procedures, rules, and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
- Ensuring the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety, and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting.
- Ensuring the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations by the responsible persons.
- Ensuring that all incidents and accidents are documented, investigated, and recommended improvements implemented.
- Compiling incident and accident statistics for the hotel.
- Ensuring Claridge’s meets all Health & Safety, Food Safety and Environmental legislation requirements, reviewing amendments to legislation, assessing the relevance to our business and making appropriate recommendations for change and improvement, activating implementation and review to ensure all changes are successful.
- Conducting quarterly Health & Safety meetings with attendance and minutes/actions recorded with unrelenting follow through to ensure completion.
- Preparing monthly executive leadership Health & Safety, Fire safety and Compliance reports
- Monitoring the reporting systems for accidents, food borne illnesses and incidents, always taking remedial actions forward to completion
- Liaising with our insurers through ongoing and new cases, always representing our business' best interests.
- Establishing yearly objectives for the Health & Safety team to drive accident reduction and safer working practices, ensuring these are tracked and achieved throughout the year.
Successful candidates for our Health and Safety Manager opportunity will:
- Provide intuitive service, with absolute understanding of the Health and Safety requirements of the hotel.
- Demonstrate genuine dedication to Claridge’s and show a commitment to consistent quality in our product and service
- Have worked in a similar role within a hotel environment.
- Be a team player who is an avid learner, adaptable and has exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- NEBOSH Certificate or willing to work toward this goal with onward progression to NEBOSH Diploma.
- Be flexible and adaptably, and have the ability to work under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- A high standard of personal presentation with a confident, professional and welcoming personality
Here at Maybourne, we strive to reward our employees for the incredible work they do every single day. In return for your hard work and dedication we offer you:
- Excellent salary package.
- Family Friendly company policies including enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay.
- Holiday allowance increase after 3 and 5 years of service.
- Travel Season Ticket Loans.
- Pension Scheme*.
Health and Wellbeing Support
- Subsidised monthly Podiatrist and Masseuse treatments.
- Flu vaccination vouchers*.
- Eye test vouchers and contributions towards glasses*.
- 24-hour colleague assistance helpline.
- On and off-site Occupational Health Service.
- Death in Service salary contribution.
- Various wellbeing activities focused on mental and physical health.
- A complimentary state-of-the-art all-day dining staff restaurant serving a range of nutritious meals.
Recognition and Career Development
- Referral Scheme ‘Introduce a Star’ where you can earn up to £1,500*.
- Instant colleague recognition and award programme with generous prizes.
- Colleague of the month nominations with generous prizes.
- Additional paid day off to celebrate your Birthday.
- Internal transfer and promotion opportunities.
- In-house training and development team with a strong focus on career progression and personal growth.
- Long service awards.
- Preferential room rates of £50 per overnight stay for yourself or your family across Maybourne.
- Hotel Guest Experience Stay* including an overnight stay and wining and dining at our renowned restaurants and bars.
- 50% Food and Beverage discount* across Maybourne.
- Social events (Annual Awards, Summer Maybourne Picnic, Welcome to Work, Annual Colleague Party, Annual Colleague Children's Party, etc.)
- Wedding and Baby gifts.
- Retirement functions.
*Terms and conditions apply to all benefits.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now