We are seeking an exceptional Duty Engineer to join the Claridge’s team.
As a Duty Engineer you will provide technical support to the hotel while on shift, ensuring hotel standards are maintained at the highest level. To carry out and coordinate day to day repairs and maintenance of the mechanical & electrical equipment and building engineering assets, including Fire, Life & Safety systems equipment.
All Duty Engineers will report to the (Ass) Director of Facilities Management or Technical Operations Manager.
Set in the heart of Mayfair, Claridge’s is an art deco icon and a byword for understated elegance. Since the 1850s, Claridge’s has excelled at the finer things in life: glamorous design, inspiring dining, impeccable service. There are many 5-star hotels in London but nowhere quite like Claridge’s.The hotel is a unique combination of splendour and charm with long-standing connections with royalty that have led to it sometimes being referred to as “annexe to Buckingham Palace”. Claridge’s has a famous all-day dining and Afternoon Tea restaurant the ‘Foyer & Reading Room’, L’Epicerie that offers a culinary theatre of the kitchen, and three bars: Claridge’s Bar, the intimate Fumoir and effortlessly elegant Painter’s Room.
This is an exciting role for a talented individual who is looking for a new challenge and wants to join a fast paced and high performing hotel team renowned for their approach and delivery of unparalleled service.
Main duties & responsibilities
- Coordinating and supervising contractors with specifications to the hotel’s procedures in regards to the guest contact and safety;
- Responding to all other emergency situations in responsible manner, along with all the standards and operating procedures to resolve issues.
- Ensuring that health and safety is maintained at all times both in your working environment and informing senior management of any other areas where there are concerns or failures.
- Creating renowned memorable experiences for all our guests.
- The seamless running of all engineering aspects of our luxury property ensuring our guests receive the ultimate stay with us.
- Preventive maintenance work, regularly inspecting and carrying out remedial work on all mechanical/electrical equipment as required.
- The efficient repair of all defects reported during the shift and you will monitor all mechanical/technical services and log all findings.
- Maintaining the property in an optimum and efficient condition, to the established standards
- Provide intuitive service, with absolute understanding of our guests needs to create exceptional service experiences, that result in lasting memories
- Demonstrate genuine dedication to Claridge’s and show a commitment to consistent quality in our product and service
- Have ideally worked in a similar role within a hotel environment, however this is not a prerequisite.
- Be a team player who is an avid learner, adaptable and has exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of electrical, mechanical, refrigeration, plumbing, plant rooms and general building maintenance.
- Strong customer care skills
- Be flexible and adaptably, and have the ability to work under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- A high standard of personal presentation with a confident, professional and welcoming personality
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.