We are currently looking for a passionate and enthusiastic In Room Dining Waiter/Waitress to join our Room Service team.
With an independent spirit and an eye for style, The Berkeley is the epitome of modern British luxury. Rooms are by leading designers, and London’s original fashionista afternoon tea is served daily in the Collins Room. The Berkeley is perfectly positioned between Hyde Park, fashionable Knightsbridge and the residential neighbourhood of Belgravia. Its signature experiences include the famed Blue Bar, two Michelin-starred dining in Marcus and the Bamford Haybarn Spa, with heavenly swimming pool.
Main duties & responsibilities
As In Room Dining Waiter/Waitress you will assist with the seamless running of the department by providing an excellent and highly efficient in-room dining service to our guests.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Taking orders via phone in a polite and efficient manner
- Delivering orders to guests’ rooms
- Clearing trolleys from public areas when required.
As In Room Dining Waiter/Waitress you will have a thorough knowledge of our Room Service menu and wine list, and will be maximizing food and beverage sales through personalized guest service and responding to guests’ requests.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated In Room Dining Waiter/Waitress who we anticipate will have worked in a similar role within the hospitality or tourism industry. The ideal candidate will be a team player who is a fast learner, adaptable and has exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
Other skills that will need to be demonstrated include:
- Excellent knowledge of food, wine, liquor and champagnes
- Strong guest care skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- A high standard of personal presentation
- Confident, professional and welcoming personality
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now