The Garden Supervisor
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a experienced Restaurant Supervisor to join the opening team of The Garden at The Berkeley.
With an independent spirit and an eye for style, The Berkeley is the epitome of modern British luxury. Rooms are by leading designers, and London’s original fashionista afternoon tea is served daily in the Collins Room. The Berkeley is perfectly positioned between Hyde Park, fashionable Knightsbridge and the residential neighbourhood of Belgravia. Its signature experiences include the famed Blue Bar, The Berkeley Bar & Terrace with its inspired interior styling, Michelin-starred dining in Marcus and Bamford Wellness Spa.
Following the success of our summer 2020 Pop-up, The Garden is now a firm feature of the Berkeley’s culinary options. Changing with the seasons, the Garden will host engaging and innovative ‘pop-up’ restaurants. This summer we are Inspired by the iconic seafronts of Whitstable and Southwold and celebrating the British staycation, The Berkeley Beach Huts will be ready to welcome our guests for outdoor dining from 12th April 2021.
Main duties & responsibilities
Main responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Welcome each guest in a warm and friendly manner and provide them with a memorable dining experience at The Berkeley.
- Ensure that all team members are knowledgeable about the food & drinks menu and be able to make confident recommendations our guests.
- Take ownership over VIP guests experience and ensure that team members are aware of the VIP guests both in the outlet and within the hotel.
- Be responsible for the end of the day report and the cashing up in absence of Assistant Managers or Restaurant Manager.
- Present accurate bills and to be aware of cash handling and credit cards policies.
- Oversee the daily operation, prioritise daily tasks and delegate them to the according team members.
- Attend and support departmental meetings or training sessions and be knowledgeable of all departmental standards.
- Encourage and motivate all members of the team to achieve a positive and proactive working environment.
As a Garden Supervisor you will be an exceptional team player and have a passion for delivering an outstanding guest experience. You will be an excellent and confident communicator and have the ability to interact with guests and clients to ensure a fantastic experience at The Berkeley. As a senior team member you will be supervising a small team and coordinate your daily tasks accordingly. Born a natural leader, you will be excited to share your knowledge and support with junior members of the team.
Successful candidates for our Garden Supervisor opportunity will demonstrate genuine dedication to The Berkeley and show a commitment to consistent quality in our product and service.
This is an exciting role for a talented individual who is looking for a new challenge and wants to join a fast paced and high performing hotel team renowned for their approach and delivery of impeccable service.
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now