Staff Restaurant Assistant Chef
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an ambitious Chef to join our Staff Restaurant team at The Berkeley.
With an independent spirit and an eye for style, The Berkeley is the epitome of modern British luxury. Rooms are by leading designers, and London’s original fashionista afternoon tea is served daily in the Collins Room. The Berkeley is perfectly positioned between Hyde Park, fashionable Knightsbridge and the residential neighbourhood of Belgravia. Its signature experiences include the famed Blue Bar, The Berkeley Bar & Terrace with its inspired interior styling, Michelin-starred dining in Marcus and Bamford Wellness Spa.
Main duties & responsibilities
As an Assistant Chef you will work closely with the Senior Chefs of our Staff Restaurant and assist in the day to day operation of the hotel’s staff kitchen. You will be passionate about working with the finest and freshest ingredients and excited to learn from the Senior Chefs in the brigade.
Main responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the daily preparation and service of food ensuring that the highest standards are maintained at all times.
- Produce food as directed by the Staff Head Chef and present it at the times required.
- Restock and replenish the Staff Restaurant buffets, cold & hot food and dessert sections as needed.
- Work in close liaison with all sections within the Kitchen to ensure an efficient service.
- Assist the Staff Head Chef in rotation of stocks and correct storage procedures.
- Assist the Staff Head Chef with the weekly/monthly menu preparation.
Successful candidates for our Assistant Chef opportunity will demonstrate genuine dedication to The Berkeley and show a commitment to consistent quality in our product and service.
This is an exciting role for a talented individual who is looking for a new challenge and wants to join a fast paced and high performing hotel team renowned for their approach and delivery of impeccable service.
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.