A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a passionate Sous Chef to join our Main Kitchen at The Berkeley.
With an independent spirit and an eye for style, The Berkeley is the epitome of modern British luxury. Rooms are by leading designers, and London’s original fashionista afternoon tea is served daily in the Collins Room. The Berkeley is perfectly positioned between Hyde Park, fashionable Knightsbridge and the residential neighbourhood of Belgravia. Its signature experiences include the famed Blue Bar, The Berkeley Bar & Terrace with its inspired interior styling, Michelin-starred dining in Marcus and Bamford Wellness Spa.
Main duties & responsibilities
Main responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for day to day supervision, preparation and service of food, ensuring that the highest standards are maintained at all times to the standards required by the hotel.
- Assist the Executive Chef in being responsible for the management of all food production to clients within the hotel.
- Instruct briefings and supervise the brigade in their daily tasks and when required assist them in their preparation of food.
- Maintain high levels of communication between Sous Chefs and kitchen brigade at all times, as well as liaising with the outlet managers and supervisors. Particular attention should be brought in ensuring special requests are dealt with promptly as to company standards.
- Assist the Executive Chef in investigating and continually improving the menu items which are best suit to the Kitchen operation.
- Ensure that training programmes and training records are being implemented within each section of the Kitchen and to monitor any on-job training being carried out.
As a Sous Chef you will work closely with the Head Chef and assist in the day to day operation of the hotel’s main kitchen. You will be passionate about working with the finest and freshest ingredients and excited to share your knowledge and support with the Junior Chefs in the brigade.
Successful candidates for our Sous Chef opportunity will demonstrate genuine dedication to The Berkeley and show a commitment to consistent quality in our product and service.
This is an exciting role for a talented individual who is looking for a new challenge and wants to join a fast paced and high performing hotel team renowned for their approach and delivery of impeccable service.
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now