A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Shift Engineer to join our Technical Services team at The Berkeley.
With an independent spirit and an eye for style, The Berkeley is the epitome of modern British luxury. Rooms are by leading designers, and London’s original fashionista afternoon tea is served daily in the Collins Room. The Berkeley is perfectly positioned between Hyde Park, fashionable Knightsbridge and the residential neighbourhood of Belgravia. Its signature experiences include the famed Blue Bar, The Berkeley Bar & Terrace with its inspired interior styling, Michelin-starred dining in Marcus and Bamford Wellness Spa.
Main duties & responsibilities
Main responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Assist with the seamless running of all engineering aspects of this luxury property ensuring our guests have a fantastic stay experience at The Berkeley.
- Clean and maintain all plant rooms, e.g electricity supply, tidiness of plant rooms and work areas, machinery safety guards are in place, etc.
- Ensure that all AHU drains are unblocked and that the belts are running well.
- Carry out weekly checks and tests of equipment and facilities and ensure an accurate and complete recording of measures and potential issues.
- Ensure the water treatment units are kept full and working correctly.
- Check the fire panel on a daily basis to ensure there are no faults on the panel.
As a Shift Engineer you will be an exceptional team player and have a passion for working in a high-end facility. You will be an excellent and confident communicator and have the ability to interact with guests and colleagues to ensure a smooth delivery of 5* service.
Successful candidates for our Shift Engineer opportunity will demonstrate genuine dedication to The Berkeley and show a commitment to consistent quality in our product and service.
This is an exciting role for a talented individual who is looking for a new challenge and wants to join a fast paced and high performing hotel team renowned for their approach and delivery of impeccable service.
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now