Restaurant Host/ess - Berkeley Café
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an exceptional Restaurant Host/-ess to join the opening team of The Berkeley Café.
With an independent spirit and an eye for style, The Berkeley is the epitome of modern British luxury. Rooms are by leading designers, and London’s original fashionista afternoon tea is served daily in the Collins Room. The Berkeley is perfectly positioned between Hyde Park, fashionable Knightsbridge and the residential neighbourhood of Belgravia. Its signature experiences include the famed Blue Bar, The Berkeley Bar & Terrace with its inspired interior styling, Michelin-starred dining in Marcus and Bamford Wellness Spa.
Main duties & responsibilities
As Restaurant Host/-ess you will be the first point of contact for all guests visiting The Berkeley Café. As part of the opening team, you will help create a unique restaurant experience by looking after our guests' well being and cater to their every needs.
Main responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Provide a warm welcome and excellent first contact with the client approaching the restaurant including assessing their needs, meeting the operational standards and exceeding the customer’s satisfaction.
- Ensure that all tables are consistently laid out and that the restaurant is represented in the best condition possible.
- Assign the guest to a suitable table for their needs, providing them with the menu.
- Recognize VIP and regular guests by their name and use them accordingly.
- Inform guest about the hotel, in house features and specialties.
- Ensure that you are knowledgeable about the food & drinks menu and be able to make confident recommendations our guests.
Successful candidates for our Restaurant Host/-ess opportunity will demonstrate genuine dedication to The Berkeley and show a commitment to consistent quality in our product and service.
This is an exciting role for a talented individual who is looking for a new challenge and wants to join a fast paced and high performing hotel team renowned for their approach and delivery of unparalleled service.
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Paid Birthday Leave
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now