Main responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Head Pastry Chef in the management of all Pastry and Bakery production within the hotel.
Provide direction and supervision to all Junior Chefs in the Pastry Team.
- Instruct briefings and supervise Chef de Parties and their brigade in their daily tasks and assist them in their preparation of food.
- Maintain high levels of communication between Sous Chefs and Chef de Parties at all times, in particular ensuring special messages / requests are dealt with promptly.
- Check all food deliveries for quality, quantity and maintain close liaison with the Kitchen Coordinator and Purchasing Department.
- Prepare food requisitions in accordance with daily routine, taking into account advance planning, special bookings and staffing levels.
- Ensure that all recipes of any new dishes are immediately recorded and submitted to the Head Pastry Chef and support any tests which may be necessary to achieve accurate costings and final presentation definition.
Main duties & responsibilities
As a Senior Sous Chef you will work closely with the Pastry Sous Chef and assist in the day to day operation of the pastry kitchen. You will be passionate about working with the finest and freshest ingredients; you will be responsible for the making of an indulgent range of delicate desserts, superb petit fours and other patisserie.
Successful candidates for our Senior Sous Chef opportunity will demonstrate genuine dedication to The Berkeley and show a commitment to consistent quality in our product and service.
This is an exciting role for a talented individual who is looking for a new challenge and wants to join a fast paced and high performing hotel team renowned for their approach and delivery of impeccable service.
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.