Pastry Demi Chef de Partie
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a passionate Demi Chef de Partie to join our Pastry Kitchen at The Berkeley.
With an independent spirit and an eye for style, The Berkeley is the epitome of modern British luxury. Rooms are by leading designers, and London’s original fashionista afternoon tea is served daily in the Collins Room. The Berkeley is perfectly positioned between Hyde Park, fashionable Knightsbridge and the residential neighbourhood of Belgravia. Its signature experiences include the famed Blue Bar, The Berkeley Bar & Terrace with its inspired interior styling, Michelin-starred dining in Marcus and Bamford Wellness Spa.
Main duties & responsibilities
Main responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Prepare all menu items of pastry within the hotel, ensuring that the highest standards are maintained at all times.
- Ensure that the designated kitchen area, equipment and utensils are always kept clean and tidy to The Berkeley standards.
- Ensure Health and safety and food hygiene levels are to the hotel`s standards.
- Be fully conversant with all Restaurant, Bar, Floor Service and Banqueting menus with regard to the particular items relating to the Pastry section.
- Supervise commis chefs, apprentices and trainees within your section.
- Ensure correct procedures are use particularly in the preparation of high risk foods.
As a Demi Chef de Partie you will work closely with the Senior Chefs and assist in the day to day operation of the pastry kitchen. You will be passionate about working with the finest and freshest ingredients and excited to learn from the Senior Chefs in the brigade.
Successful candidates for our Demi Chef de Partie opportunity will demonstrate genuine dedication to The Berkeley and show a commitment to consistent quality in our product and service.
This is an exciting role for a talented individual who is looking for a new challenge and wants to join a fast paced and high performing hotel team renowned for their approach and delivery of impeccable service.
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now