We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Linen Assistant to join our creative housekeeping team.
With an independent spirit and an eye for style, The Berkeley is the epitome of modern British luxury. Rooms are by leading designers, and London’s original fashionista afternoon tea is served daily in the Collins Room. The Berkeley is perfectly positioned between Hyde Park, fashionable Knightsbridge and the residential neighbourhood of Belgravia. Its signature experiences include the famed Blue Bar, two Michelin-starred dining in Marcus and the Bamford Haybarn Spa, with heavenly swimming pool.
Main duties & responsibilities
As a Linen Assistant you will need to ensure the linen chute is emptied at regular intervals throughout the day and is never left to become blocked. You will sort, count and pack the containers with dirty linen, which is then to be sent out daily to Royal Jersey Laundry. As a Linen Assistant you will ensure the dirty linen count is accurately transferred on to the despatch list to go with the dirty work.
As a Linen Assistant you will need to sort and count Food and Beverage linen and exchange (as per ‘clean for dirty’ procedure) as well as to ensure the clean linen is stacked on the shelves in the correct manner. And as Linen Assistant you will ensure the linen room is kept clean and tidy at all times
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a great team in a wonderful setting.
The successful candidate will be a team player and will have:
- Previous experience within a similar role
- Experience of delivering a high level of customer service
- A high standard of personal presentation
- A Confident, professional and welcoming personality
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now