Guest Relations Executive
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced and passionate Guest Relations Executive to join the Guest Relations team at The Berkeley.
With an independent spirit and an eye for style, The Berkeley is the epitome of modern British luxury. Rooms are furnished by leading designers, and London’s original fashionista afternoon tea ‘Prêt-à-Portea’ is served daily in the Collins Room. The Berkeley is perfectly positioned between Hyde Park, fashionable Knightsbridge, and the residential neighbourhood of Belgravia. Its signature experiences include the famed Blue Bar, The Berkeley Bar & Terrace, Michelin-starred dining in ‘Marcus’ by Marcus Wareing and our Bamford Health Club & Spa.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
As a Guest Relations Executive you will ensure that our guests receive our award-winning service and exceed our service standards during their stay. You will have the opportunity to be creative and imaginative in meeting their every need and adding surprises and special touches to create a memorable experience.
Main responsibilities of the Guest Relations Executive include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the Guest Relations Manager and the Assistant Guest Relations Manager in arranging regular departmental training and help to identify any training needs.
- Monitor daily arrival reports and highlight special guest requests, ensuring that correct information is being passed on to relevant departments in a timely manner.
- Attend daily morning meetings and communicate special arrivals and share relevant information about VIP guests and stay requests with the hotel team.
- Arrange special amenities for guests celebrating special events such as birthdays, anniversaries, etc., which are tailored to each individual’s personality and expectations.
- Provide a warm welcome to guests upon arrival at the hotel and ensure that guests are being looked after to their complete satisfaction during their stay at The Berkeley.
- Consistently encourage guest comments and follow up vigorously any complaint until it has been resolved and guests are fully satisfied.
- Contribute in maintaining an excellent level of service in conjunction with the minimum requirement of the LQA and Forbes standards at all times.
Successful candidates for our Guest Relations Executive opportunity will need to have excellent communication skills and a pleasant telephone manner. You need to work well under pressure with excellent ability to coordinate efficiently with other departments and bring good administration and organizational skills.
This is an exciting role for a talented individual who is looking for a new challenge and wants to join a fast paced and high performing team renowned for their approach and delivery of unparalleled service.
We anticipate applicants will have previous experience in Reception or Guest Relations and will have worked in a similar role within a luxury hotel environment.
Here at Maybourne, we strive to reward our employees for the incredible work they do every single day. In return for your hard work and dedication we offer you:
- Excellent salary package.
- Family Friendly company policies including enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay.
- Holiday allowance increase after 3 and 5 years of service.
- Travel Season Ticket Loans.
- Pension Scheme*.
Health and Wellbeing Support
- Subsidised monthly Podiatrist and Masseuse treatments.
- Flu vaccination vouchers*.
- Eye test vouchers and contributions towards glasses*.
- 24-hour colleague assistance helpline.
- On and off-site Occupational Health Service.
- Death in Service salary contribution.
- Various wellbeing activities focused on mental and physical health.
- A complimentary state-of-the-art all-day dining staff restaurant serving a range of nutritious meals.
Recognition and Career Development
- Referral Scheme ‘Introduce a Star’.
- Instant colleague recognition and award programme with generous prizes.
- Colleague of the month nominations with generous prizes.
- Additional paid day off to celebrate your Birthday.
- Internal transfer and promotion opportunities.
- In-house training and development team with a strong focus on career progression and personal growth.
- Long service awards.
- Preferential room rates per overnight stay for yourself or your family across Maybourne.
- Hotel Guest Experience Stay* including an overnight stay and wining and dining at our renowned restaurants and bars.
- 50% Food and Beverage discount* across Maybourne.
- Social events (Annual Awards, Summer Maybourne Picnic, Welcome to Work, Annual Colleague Party, Annual Colleague Children's Party, etc.)
- Wedding and Baby gifts.
- Retirement functions.
*Terms and conditions apply to all benefits.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now