A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an ambitious Food & Beverage Assistant to join our Restaurant Operations team at The Berkeley.
With an independent spirit and an eye for style, The Berkeley is the epitome of modern British luxury. Rooms are furnished by leading designers, and London’s original fashionista afternoon tea ‘Prêt-à-Portea’ is served daily in the Collins Room. The Berkeley is perfectly positioned between Hyde Park, fashionable Knightsbridge and the residential neighbourhood of Belgravia. Its signature experiences include the famed Blue Bar, The Berkeley Bar & Terrace, Michelin-starred dining in ‘Marcus’ by Marcus Wareing and our Bamford Health Club & Spa.
Main duties & responsibilities
As a Food & Beverage Assistant you will work closely with our Restaurant Operations Manager and Restaurant Supervisors and assist in the day to day operation of our iconic Restaurants, the Collins Room and The Garden. You will be passionate about working with the finest F&B products and brands and excited to learn from the senior restaurant management team.
Main responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Have a full understanding of current and upcoming food & drinks menus.
- Collaborate with the kitchen team and ensure food orders are being picked up in a timely manner and delivered to the restaurant according to Hotel standards.
- Assist the Supervisors and Waiters in delivering food & beverage orders to our in-house guests and non-residential guests.
- Collaborate with Waiters to ensure that tables are cleared, cleaned and ready for the next guests.
- Ensure mise-en-place is prepared, glassware is polished and ready each day and ensure that service stations are full.
Successful candidates for our Food & Beverage Assistant opportunity will demonstrate genuine dedication to The Berkeley and show a commitment to consistent quality in our product and service. Previous restaurant experience as a Commis Waiter/F&B Assistant is desirable.
This is an exciting role for a talented individual who is looking for a new challenge and wants to join a fast paced and high performing hotel team renowned for their approach and delivery of impacceble service.
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.