Events and groups waiter/waitress (casual basis)
We are currently looking for passionate and enthusiastic Events and Groups Waiters to join our amazing Events team on a casual basis. With elegant private function rooms and flawless service, The Berkeley is an outstanding venue for events of all kinds. From private conferences and board meetings to lavish weddings and glittering balls, we create the perfect venue for every event.
With an independent spirit and an eye for style, The Berkeley is the epitome of modern British luxury. Rooms are by leading designers, and London’s original fashionista afternoon tea is served daily in the Collins Room. The Berkeley is perfectly positioned between Hyde Park, fashionable Knightsbridge and the residential neighbourhood of Belgravia. Its signature experiences include the famed Blue Bar, two Michelin-starred dining in Marcus and the Bamford Haybarn Spa, with heavenly swimming pool.
Main duties & responsibilities
As an Events and Groups Waiter you will:
- Ensure the seamless running of all events by providing an excellent and highly efficient service to our guests.
- Ensure our function rooms are set up and well equipped to make a private event a resounding success.
- Welcome our guests, providing a memorable dining experience
- Respond efficiently to guests requests
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated Waiter who we anticipate will have worked in a similar role within the hospitality or tourism industry. The ideal candidate will be a team player who is a fast learner, adaptable and has good communication skills.
Other skills that will need to be demonstrated include:
- Good knowledge of food and wine
- Strong guest care skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexible approach to working shifts
- Excellent attention to detail
- A high standard of personal presentation
- Confident, professional and welcoming personality
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now