A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced and passionate Commis Chef to join the Main Kitchen team at The Berkeley.
With an independent spirit and an eye for style, The Berkeley is the epitome of modern British luxury. Rooms are furnished by leading designers, and London’s original fashionista afternoon tea ‘Prêt-à-Portea’ is served daily in the Collins Room. The Berkeley is perfectly positioned between Hyde Park, fashionable Knightsbridge and the residential neighbourhood of Belgravia. Its signature experiences include the famed Blue Bar, The Berkeley Bar & Terrace, Michelin-starred dining in ‘Marcus’ by Marcus Wareing and our Bamford Health Club & Spa.
Main duties & responsibilities
As a Commis Chef you will assist the kitchen brigade in the daily preparation, mise-en-place and service of food ensuring that the highest standards are maintained at all times and that your section, equipment and utensils are always kept clean and tidy. You will be responsible for culinary delights for our Collins Room restaurant, In-Room Dining, Banqueting Events and our Health Club & Spa.
Main responsibilities of the Commis Chef include, but are not limited to:
- Assist that food is prepared and presented to the highest standards as required by the Hotel.
- Produce food as directed by the Sous chef /Chef de Partie and to present it at the times required.
- Maintain high standards of personal hygiene and that the cleanliness of lockers, showers / toilets and changing rooms are maintained to the required standard of the Hotel.
- Contribute in maintaining an excellent level of service in conjunction with the minimum requirement of the LQA standards at all times.
Successful candidates for the Commis Chef will demonstrate genuine dedication to The Berkeley and show a commitment to consistent quality in our product and service. The ideal candidate will be a team player who is a fast learner, adaptable and has exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
This is an exciting role for a talented individual who is looking for a new challenge and wants to join a fast paced and high performing team renowned for their approach and delivery of unparalleled service.
We anticipate applicants will have previous experience in a similar role within a luxury hotel environment.
Other skills that will need to be demonstrated include:
- A passion for food and developing your culinary skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A high standard of personal presentation
- Ability to work under pressure
- Confident and professional approach
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Paid Birthday Leave
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now