A fantastic, flexible opportunity has arisen for a passionate Events Waiter/ess to join our Events Operations team at The Berkeley on a casual basis.
With an independent spirit and an eye for style, The Berkeley is the epitome of modern British luxury. Rooms are furnished by leading designers, and London’s original fashionista afternoon tea ‘Prêt-à-Portea’ is served daily in the Collins Room. The Berkeley is perfectly positioned between Hyde Park, fashionable Knightsbridge and the residential neighbourhood of Belgravia. Its signature experiences include the famed Blue Bar, The Berkeley Bar & Terrace, Michelin-starred dining in ‘Marcus’ by Marcus Wareing and our Bamford Health Club & Spa.
Main duties & responsibilities
As an Events Waiter/ess you will be an exceptional team player and have a passion for delivering an outstanding guest experience. You will be an excellent and confident communicator and have the ability to interact with guests and clients to ensure a fantastic experience at The Berkeley.
Main responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the Events team in the organization of various events (corporate & social events).
- Providing a warm welcome to all guests and take responsibility for their well being.
- Confidently taking and delivering guest orders, demonstrating a good knowledge of current menus.
- Assisting the operations team with the preparation of event set-ups.
- Ensuring that hotel and hygiene standards are followed precisely at all times.
- Assisting the Events Operations Management team in achieving a smooth running of events and conferences.
Successful candidates for our Events Waiter/ess opportunity will demonstrate genuine dedication to The Berkeley and show a commitment to consistent quality in our product and service. The position is a casual opportunity on a zero hours basis.
This is an exciting role for a talented individual who is looking for a new challenge and wants to join a fast paced and high performing hotel team renowned for their approach and delivery of impeccable service.
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.