Casual Events Waiter/ess
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced and passionate Events Waiter/ess (Casual basis) to join the Events Operations team at The Berkeley.
With an independent spirit and an eye for style, The Berkeley is the epitome of modern British luxury. Rooms are furnished by leading designers, and London’s original fashionista afternoon tea ‘Prêt-à-Portea’ is served daily in the Collins Room. The Berkeley is perfectly positioned between Hyde Park, fashionable Knightsbridge and the residential neighbourhood of Belgravia. Its signature experiences include the famed Blue Bar, The Berkeley Bar & Terrace, Michelin-starred dining in ‘Marcus’ by Marcus Wareing and our Bamford Health Club & Spa.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
As an Events Waiter/ess you will be working on both large and small functions doing silver service. This is a casual position and it may be suitable for students or those looking for a flexible work pattern, which include shifts starting early in the morning, finishing late at night and also weekends. In exchange we offer a great atmosphere to work in with a very creative and innovative team, free meals on duty, uniform and excellent pay as well as development opportunities.
Main responsibilities of the Events Waiter/ess include, but are not limited to:
- Basic knowledge about food production & menu items.
- Deliver high levels of private dining service standards.
- Ensure efficient and effective operations at all times to the complete satisfactions of client and guests and company standards and expectations.
- Contribute in maintaining an excellent level of service in conjunction with the minimum requirement of the LQA standards at all times.
Successful candidates for the Events Waiter/ess will demonstrate genuine dedication to The Berkeley and show a commitment to consistent quality in our product and service. The ideal candidate will be a team player who is a fast learner, adaptable and has exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
This is an exciting role for a talented individual who is looking for a new challenge and wants to join a fast paced and high performing team renowned for their approach and delivery of unparalleled service.
Here at Maybourne, we strive to reward our employees for the incredible work they do every single day. In return for your hard work and dedication we offer you:
- Excellent salary package.
- Family Friendly company policies including enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay.
- Holiday allowance increase after 3 and 5 years of service.
- Travel Season Ticket Loans.
- Pension Scheme*.
Health and Wellbeing Support
- Subsidised monthly Podiatrist and Masseuse treatments.
- Flu vaccination vouchers*.
- Eye test vouchers and contributions towards glasses*.
- 24-hour colleague assistance helpline.
- On and off-site Occupational Health Service.
- Death in Service salary contribution.
- Various wellbeing activities focused on mental and physical health.
- A complimentary state-of-the-art all-day dining staff restaurant serving a range of nutritious meals.
Recognition and Career Development
- Referral Scheme ‘Introduce a Star’.
- Instant colleague recognition and award programme with generous prizes.
- Colleague of the month nominations with generous prizes.
- Additional paid day off to celebrate your Birthday.
- Internal transfer and promotion opportunities.
- In-house training and development team with a strong focus on career progression and personal growth.
- Long service awards.
- Preferential room rates per overnight stay for yourself or your family across Maybourne.
- Hotel Guest Experience Stay* including an overnight stay and wining and dining at our renowned restaurants and bars.
- 50% Food and Beverage discount* across Maybourne.
- Social events (Annual Awards, Summer Maybourne Picnic, Welcome to Work, Annual Colleague Party, Annual Colleague Children's Party, etc.)
- Wedding and Baby gifts.
- Retirement functions.
*Terms and conditions apply to all benefits.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now