A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an ambitious Bar Waiter/ess to join our Berkeley Bar & Terrace team at The Berkeley.
With an independent spirit and an eye for style, The Berkeley is the epitome of modern British luxury. Rooms are by leading designers, and London’s original fashionista afternoon tea is served daily in the Collins Room. The Berkeley is perfectly positioned between Hyde Park, fashionable Knightsbridge and the residential neighbourhood of Belgravia. Its signature experiences include the famed Blue Bar, The Berkeley Bar & Terrace with its inspired interior styling, Michelin-starred dining in Marcus and Bamford Wellness Spa.
Main duties & responsibilities
As a Bar Waiter/ess you will work closely with our Bars Manager and Supervisors and assist in the day to day operation of our elegant Berkeley Bar & Terrace. You will be passionate about working with the finest F&B products and brands and excited to learn from the senior bar management team.
Main responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Representing the spirit of our Berkeley Bar & Terrace by providing an exceptional 5* service to all our guests.
- Confidently taking orders and delivering food & beverage items to our in-house guests and non-residential guests, ensuring that 5* luxury standards are maintained at all times.
- Preparing the bar for service, ensuring all bar areas are kept clean and tidy.
- Being fully conversant with all Bar menus and special offers, ensuring efficient communication is maintained at all times.
- Being able to recommend and actively promote the hotel's F&B outlets.
Successful candidates for our Bar Waiter/ess opportunity will demonstrate genuine dedication to The Berkeley and show a commitment to consistent quality in our product and service.
This is an exciting role for a talented individual who is looking for a new challenge and wants to join a fast paced and high performing hotel team renowned for their approach and delivery of impeccable service.
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.