Assistant Events Operations Manager
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an ambitious and experienced Assistant Events Operations Manager to join our Events team at The Berkeley.
With an independent spirit and an eye for style, The Berkeley is the epitome of modern British luxury. Rooms are by leading designers, and London’s original fashionista afternoon tea is served daily in the Collins Room. The Berkeley is perfectly positioned between Hyde Park, fashionable Knightsbridge and the residential neighbourhood of Belgravia. Its signature experiences include the famed Blue Bar, The Berkeley Bar & Terrace with its inspired interior styling, Michelin-starred dining in Marcus and Bamford Wellness Spa.
Main duties & responsibilities
As an Assistant Events Operations Manager you will be an exceptional team player and have a passion for delivering an outstanding guest experience. You will be an excellent and confident communicator and have the ability to interact with guests and clients to ensure a fantastic experience at The Berkeley. As a senior team member you will be supervising a small team of permanent and temporary staff members and coordinate your daily tasks accordingly. Born a natural leader, you will be excited to share your knowledge and support with junior members of the team.
Main responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Deputy Events Operations Manager in the daily preparations for in-house events by ensuring that all events are set up according to standards and guest requests.
- Supervise assigned events and take responsibility of any last minute changes the organizer may make, and act upon them confidently.
- Work closely with the Events Sales team and ensure efficient interdepartmental communication is guaranteed and maintained at all times.
- Hold regular team briefings to ensure all team members are fully aware of upcoming event requirements, service schedules and menus (ingredients, dietary requirements, etc.)
- Assist the Deputy Events Operations Manager in maintaining accurate budgets, submitting monthly payroll and other financial aspects relating to your department and role.
- Attend and support departmental meetings or training sessions and be knowledgeable of all departmental standards.
- Encourage and motivate all members of the team to achieve a positive and proactive working environment.
Successful candidates for our Assistant Events Operations Manager opportunity will demonstrate genuine dedication to The Berkeley and show a commitment to consistent quality in our product and service.
This is an exciting role for a talented individual who is looking for a new challenge and wants to join a fast paced and high performing hotel team renowned for their approach and delivery of impeccable service.
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.