Social Events Manager
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced and passionate Social Events Manager to join the Events and Groups team at The Berkeley.
With an independent spirit and an eye for style, The Berkeley is the epitome of modern British luxury. Rooms are furnished by leading designers, and London’s original fashionista afternoon tea ‘Prêt-à-Portea’ is served daily in the Collins Room. The Berkeley is perfectly positioned between Hyde Park, fashionable Knightsbridge and the residential neighbourhood of Belgravia. Its signature experiences include the famed Blue Bar, The Berkeley Bar & Terrace, Michelin-starred dining in ‘Marcus’ by Marcus Wareing and our Bamford Health Club & Spa.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
As a Social Events Manager you will be responsible for the sale, conversion, planning and execution of successful social events and groups at the Berkeley. To ensure the highest standards of quality at all parts of the events process for clients, and to be responsible for proactive follow up for future business within the wedding and social event sector.
To take a senior role in the events team, managing top clients and VIP / high revenue events and groups, at all times ensuring excellence in service.
Main responsibilities of the Social Events Manager include, but are not limited to:
- To be the first point of contact for many social event enquiries.
- To fully qualify all leads and to evaluate the business according to minimum revenue guidelines. To review any new pieces of business in accordance with the demand calendar, minimum revenues per room and the free sell policy, before taking a decision on pricing. By doing so to ensure the events diary is always efficiently controlled.
- To send clear and bespoke event proposals and to follow up and contract the social event bookings, according to guest requirements.
- To personally attend and supervise your events as well as the handover to the event operations team.
- To assist other more junior team members during the sale / planning process where required.
- Contribute in maintaining an excellent level of service in conjunction with the minimum requirement of the LQA standards at all times.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated Social Events Manager who we anticipate will have worked in a similar role within the hospitality or travel and tourism industry. The ideal candidate will be an excellent team leader and will have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
Here at Maybourne, we strive to reward our employees for the incredible work they do every single day. In return for your hard work and dedication we offer you:
- Excellent salary package.
- Family Friendly company policies including enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay.
- Holiday allowance increase after 3 and 5 years of service.
- Travel Season Ticket Loans.
- Pension Scheme*.
Health and Wellbeing Support
- Subsidised monthly Podiatrist and Masseuse treatments.
- Free online GP video consultations.
- Flu vaccination vouchers*.
- Eye test vouchers and contributions towards glasses*.
- 24-hour employee assistance helpline.
- On and off-site Occupational Health Service.
- Death in Service salary contribution.
- Various wellbeing activities focused on mental and physical health.
- A complimentary state-of-the-art all-day dining staff restaurant serving a range of nutritious meals.
Recognition and Career Development
- Referral Scheme ‘Introduce a Star’ where you can earn up to £1,500*.
- Instant employee recognition and award programme with generous prizes.
- Employee of the month nominations with generous prizes.
- Additional paid day off to celebrate your Birthday.
- Internal transfer and promotion opportunities.
- In-house training and development team with a strong focus on career progression and personal growth.
- Long service awards.
- Preferential room rates of £50 per overnight stay for yourself or your family across the Maybourne Hotel Group.
- Hotel Guest Experience Stay* including an overnight stay and wining and dining at our infamous restaurants and bars.
- 50% Food and Beverage discount* across the Maybourne Hotel Group.
- Social events (Annual Awards, Summer Maybourne Picnic, Welcome to Work, Annual Staff Party, Annual Staff Children Party, etc.)
- Wedding and Baby gifts.
- Retirement functions.
*Terms and conditions apply to all benefits.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now