We are currently seeking an exceptional and passionate Baker to join our team around Head Pastry Chef, Mourad Khiat at The Berkeley.
With an independent spirit and an eye for style, The Berkeley is the epitome of modern British luxury. Rooms are by leading designers, and London’s original fashionista afternoon tea is served daily in the Collins Room. The Berkeley is perfectly positioned between Hyde Park, fashionable Knightsbridge and the residential neighbourhood of Belgravia. Its signature experiences include the famed Blue Bar, two Michelin-starred dining in Marcus and the Bamford Haybarn Spa, with heavenly swimming pool.
Main duties & responsibilities
As a Baker you will assist the bakery kitchen brigade in the daily preparation and produce of exquisite Viennoiserie and bread products for Amenities, our In-Room Dining, Banqueting Events and Collins Room restaurant. As a Baker you will respond efficiently to other hotel departments’ bakery requests and ensure that the highest standards are maintained at all times and that your equipment and utensils are always kept clean and tidy.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated Baker who we anticipate will have worked in a similar role within the hospitality industry. You will have excellent communication skills and attention to detail in order to deliver outstanding quality and service.
Other skills that will need to be demonstrated include:
- Qualified baker
- A passion for food and bread
- Excellent attention to detail
- A high standard of personal presentation
- Ability to work under pressure
- Confident and professional approach
- 5 days on/ 2 days off
- Shift: 4am to 1.30pm
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now