BER-Night Housekeeping Attendant
We are seeking an exceptional Night Housekeeping Attendant to join the Berkeley’s team.
With an independent spirit and an eye for style, The Berkeley is the epitome of modern British luxury. Rooms are by leading designers, and London’s original fashionista afternoon tea is served daily in the Collins Room. The Berkeley is perfectly positioned between Hyde Park, fashionable Knightsbridge and the residential neighbourhood of Belgravia. Its signature experiences include the famed Blue Bar, two Michelin-starred dining in Marcus and the Bamford Haybarn Spa, with heavenly swimming pool.
Main duties & responsibilities
As the Night Housekeeping Attendant you will be responsible for:
- Attend any housekeeping request that might come up overnight
- Call Room Service to remove any trays or tables from corridors
- Report any malfunctioning equipment, maintenance requirements to technical services, breakages, soiled/damaged linen to the night housekeeping supervisor/night manager.
- Report to the night housekeeping supervisor/night manager any missing items from public areas, e.g. trays, clocks, books, etc.
- Check, clean and tidy changing rooms
- In the linen room, wash and fold towels, rags and flickers
- Check and clean staircases, lifts areas and guest lifts
- Assist with cloakroom coverage if required. Then issue corresponding tags to client for each item taken, including parcels, packages and bags and ensure client receives correct items when returned.
- Report to the morning coordinator any special task done overnight
- Ensure that all the overnight work is recorded on the cleaning sheets/Knowcross system.
- Carry out any other cleaning duties or reasonable request specified by your supervisor.
- Clean all service areas when finishing your tasks
- Sweep, vacuum and mop all hallways and stairs in public areas when required
- Rubbish removal from areas cleaned, i.e. offices bins, concierge and reception bins
- Clean, disinfect and dust all surfaces of areas cleaned
- Clean carpets as required, either spot clean or shampoo
- To maintain all equipment in good working order and to keep the working area clean/tidy at all times
- To ensure cleaning signage is in place when carrying out any cleaning task to avoid accidents
- To hand all lost property to the Security Department as per internal procedures
- Know fire and bomb procedures and report anything or anyone suspicious to Housekeeper
- Report to Security anything which may be a Health and Safety hazard
- To ensure that the service and standards are maintained to the highest level conducive to hotel policy
- To assist in any way that may be necessary to ensure the efficiency and smooth running of the Housekeeping Department
Successful candidates for our Night Housekeeping Attendant opportunity will:
- You will thrive in a high pressured and dynamic hotel ensuring a consistently high level of productivity and operational standards paying particular attention to detail
- Have the ability to manage a high performing team, simultaneously, be a team player who is an avid learner, adaptable and has exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Immaculate personal presentation and a confident, professional and welcoming personality
This is an exciting role for a talented individual who is looking for a new challenge and wants to join a fast paced and high performing hotel team renowned for their approach and delivery of unparalleled service.
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Paid Birthday Leave
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.