A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced In Room Dining Manager to join our In Room Dining team at The Berkeley.
With an independent spirit and an eye for style, The Berkeley is the epitome of modern British luxury. Rooms are furnished by leading designers, and London’s original fashionista afternoon tea ‘Prêt-à-Portea’ is served daily in the Collins Room. The Berkeley is perfectly positioned between Hyde Park, fashionable Knightsbridge and the residential neighbourhood of Belgravia. Its signature experiences include the famed Blue Bar, The Berkeley Bar & Terrace, Michelin-starred dining in ‘Marcus’ by Marcus Wareing and our Bamford Health Club & Spa.
As In Room Dining Manager you will be responsible for effectively leading the In Room Dining department and ensure the smooth and highly efficient performance of the team through strategic planning and professional management of operational activities in line with The Berkeley standards and vision, thus maximising revenue and profit opportunities.
Main duties & responsibilities
Main responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- To be responsible for the smooth and effective running of the day-to-day operation of the Room Service Department, thereby ensuring that established Maybourne, Forbes and LQA standards of performance are maintained by the entire team and that satisfaction of the guests is achieved.
- To be fully conversant with all menus served via Room Service.
- To foster a culture of continuous innovation and drive results through a continuous evolution of product and service.
- To create superior content for marketing communication channels.
- To be fully aware of the Food and Beverage outlets and offering throughout the hotel.
- To ensure that guests’ profiles are maintained, adding relevant information for future stays.
- To establish a system and checking procedure that ensures that all special requests are in the room prior to arrival with all of the required amenities.
- To oversee any allocation changes to ensure that rooms are checked and ready on arrival of guests.
- To demonstrate a good level of financial awareness; to understand the composition and implications of key performance ratios to interpret the significance of average spends and how to influence them; to be able to analyse the departmental, division and hotel profit and loss; and to be able to positively influence the department, division and hotel results.
- To accurately forecast revenue and payroll on a weekly basis and to take appropriate action to influence results positively towards exceeding budgets.
- To control weekly payroll in line with the Budget and business levels, and take appropriate action to obtain best results ensuring that appropriate department holiday plans are maintained.
- Generally being alert for opportunities to improve the profitability of the department i.e through controlling wastage, upselling and being responsible for the economy of all utilities and resources.
- Provide effective leadership throughout the department, developing a strong team culture and ethos which supports high levels of guest service delivery, effective communication and knowledge sharing.
- Coach and support direct reports towards the performance of The Berkeley KPI’s.
- Ensure departmental communication meetings take place at the prescribed frequency and appropriate systems are in place to communicate issues for non-attendees.
Successful candidates for our In Room Dining Manager opportunity must have previous F&B Managerial level experience within luxury hotels. You will be a hands on leader, passionate about Food and Beverage and possess a natural flair for providing a seamless guest service.
This is an exciting role for a talented individual who is looking for a new challenge and wants to join a fast paced and high performing hotel team renowned for their approach and delivery of unparalleled service.
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.