Door Person CASUAL
Door Person (Casual)
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced and passionate Door Person (Casual) to join the Concierge team at The Berkeley.
With an independent spirit and an eye for style, The Berkeley is the epitome of modern British luxury. Rooms are furnished by leading designers, and London’s original fashionista afternoon tea ‘Prêt-à-Portea’ is served daily in the Collins Room. The Berkeley is perfectly positioned between Hyde Park, fashionable Knightsbridge and the residential neighbourhood of Belgravia. Its signature experiences include the famed Blue Bar, The Berkeley Bar & Terrace, Michelin-starred dining in ‘Marcus’ by Marcus Wareing and our Bamford Health Club & Spa.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
As a Door Person you will be providing a pleasant welcome and courteous farewell to all clients and visitors in accordance with the Hotel’s standards and procedures.
Main responsibilities of the Door Person include, but are not limited to:
- To assist visitors and guests in and out of vehicles.
- To assist luggage porters with handling of arriving and departing baggage.
- To assist parking cars from guests in a secure manner
- Assist the Concierge Manager with the daily administration and coordination of mail and parcels.
- Contribute in maintaining an excellent level of service in conjunction with the minimum requirement of the LQA standards at all times.
Successful candidates for our Door Person opportunity will need to be well presented, have excellent communication.
The ideal candidate will also demonstrate the ability to work under pressure, a professional and welcoming personality and excellent communication skills.
This is an exciting role for a talented individual who is looking for a new challenge and wants to join a fast paced and high performing team renowned for their approach and delivery of unparalleled service.
Here at Maybourne, we strive to reward our employees for the incredible work they do every single day. In return for your hard work and dedication we offer you:
- Excellent salary package.
- Family Friendly company policies including enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay.
- Holiday allowance increase after 3 and 5 years of service.
- Travel Season Ticket Loans.
- Pension Scheme*.
Health and Wellbeing Support
- Subsidised monthly Podiatrist and Masseuse treatments.
- Flu vaccination vouchers*.
- Eye test vouchers and contributions towards glasses*.
- 24-hour colleague assistance helpline.
- On and off-site Occupational Health Service.
- Death in Service salary contribution.
- Various wellbeing activities focused on mental and physical health.
- A complimentary state-of-the-art all-day dining staff restaurant serving a range of nutritious meals.
Recognition and Career Development
- Referral Scheme ‘Introduce a Star’ where you can earn up to £1,500*.
- Instant colleague recognition and award programme with generous prizes.
- Colleague of the month nominations with generous prizes.
- Additional paid day off to celebrate your Birthday.
- Internal transfer and promotion opportunities.
- In-house training and development team with a strong focus on career progression and personal growth.
- Long service awards.
- Preferential room rates of £50 per overnight stay for yourself or your family across Maybourne.
- Hotel Guest Experience Stay* including an overnight stay and wining and dining at our renowned restaurants and bars.
- 50% Food and Beverage discount* across Maybourne.
- Social events (Annual Awards, Summer Maybourne Picnic, Welcome to Work, Annual Colleague Party, Annual Colleague Children's Party, etc.)
- Wedding and Baby gifts.
- Retirement functions.
*Terms and conditions apply to all benefits.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now