Evening Floor Housekeeper
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced and passionate Evening Floor Housekeeper to join the Housekeeping team at The Berkeley.
With an independent spirit and an eye for style, The Berkeley is the epitome of modern British luxury. Rooms are furnished by leading designers, and London’s original fashionista afternoon tea ‘Prêt-à-Portea’ is served daily in the Collins Room. The Berkeley is perfectly positioned between Hyde Park, fashionable Knightsbridge and the residential neighbourhood of Belgravia. Its signature experiences include the famed Blue Bar, The Berkeley Bar & Terrace, Michelin-starred dining in ‘Marcus’ by Marcus Wareing and our Bamford Health Club & Spa.
Main duties & responsibilities
As an Evening Floor Housekeeper, you will be responsible for work allocation and for the supervision of maids, porters, and cleaners. To ensure that all areas delegated are well maintained and clean in accordance with The Berkeley standards.
Main responsibilities of the Evening Floor Housekeeper include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare early control sheets for maids and Housekeepers ensuring that all rooms are covered.
- Check public areas as per early duty.
- Check vacant rooms are clean and ready for arrivals.
- Check occupied rooms; ensuring all guest supplies are replenished and that presentation and cleanliness reach the standard set by The Berkeley.
- Attend daily housekeepers meeting.
- Liase and communicate with Reception Office. Ensure the rooms needed on priority and any special requests are dealt with promptly.
- Ensure a member of staff follows the correct procedures and hotel’s standards.
- Check that staff has completed the work assigned to them to your complete satisfaction before they go off duty.
- Maintain high standards of personal hygiene and that the cleanliness of lockers, showers / toilets and changing rooms are maintained to the required standard of the Hotel.
- Contribute in maintaining an excellent level of service in conjunction with the minimum requirement of the LQA standards at all times.
Successful candidates for the Evening Floor Housekeeper will demonstrate genuine dedication to The Berkeley and show a commitment to consistent quality in our product and service. The ideal candidate will be a team player who is a fast learner, adaptable and has exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
This is an exciting role for a talented individual who is looking for a new challenge and wants to join a fast paced and high performing team renowned for their approach and delivery of unparalleled service.
We anticipate applicants will have previous experience in a similar role within a luxury hotel environment.
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Paid Birthday Leave
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now