Assistant Human Resources Manager
We are seeking an exceptional Assistant Human Resources Manager to join the Claridge’s team.
At the centre of London’s Mayfair, Claridge’s is a unique combination of splendour and charm, renowned for its impeccable, intuitive service. The hotel’s original art deco interiors have been interwoven with modern flourishes. It also has a famous all-day dining restaurant, the Foyer & Reading Room, and three bars: Claridge’s Bar, the intimate Fumoir and the Painter’s Room.
The Assistant Human Resources Manager is key in efficiently supporting the smooth and highly effective performance of the Human Resources Department through professional planning, management and administration of HR operational activities in line with Claridge’s strategy and vision.
Main duties & responsibilities
As an Assistant Human Resources Manager you will be responsible for:
- Provide a highly effective Human Resources advice and guidance service to all departments within Claridge’s across the Human Resources remit, including; recruitment and selection, performance management, employee relations, payroll and reward and recognition.
- Provide effective leadership throughout the department, developing a strong team culture and ethos which supports high levels of guest service delivery, effective communication and knowledge sharing.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of best practice in the reward and recognition arena and suggest initiatives and schemes to enhance Claridge’s employee proposition.
- Support colleagues and managers with succession planning initiatives which support retention of talent within the Claridge’s and the Maybourne group.
- Assisting in the training and development of colleagues alongside the Learning and Development manager
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the HR function working alongside the Group Human Resources Management Team in line with Claridge’s vision, values and goals.
- Proactively promote and represent Claridge’s and Maybourne Hotel Group in the external market place, maintain a valuable network and access to up to date information and best practice within the HR arena and industry.
Successful candidates for our Assistant Human Resources Manager opportunity will:
- Demonstrate genuine dedication to Claridge’s and show a commitment to consistent quality in our product and service.
- Have worked within a similar role within the hotel or hospitality industry.
- Have previous recruitment and selection experience as well as an understanding of UK Employment Law
- Excellent IT and administration skills
- Have immaculate personal presentation, with a welcoming personality
- Be able to work in a pressured environment, maintaining high standards and consistent customer care.
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.