Assistant Cost Controller
Maybourne Hotel Group which owns and manages Claridge's, The Connaught, The Berkeley, The Maybourne Beverly Hills and The Maybourne Riviera – five of the world's most renowned hotels. Our hotels have histories that stretch back over a century. And, while each one retains its timeless appeal and individual nature, we are committed to ensuring they are always in tune with the wants and wishes of today’s discerning guests.
To analyse Hotel revenue and expenses, (with an emphasis towards Food and Beverage) focussing on investigating and providing analytical data and implementing and monitoring control systems to ensure cost effective decisions are made. To ensure all Hotel inventory assets are held in a secure and accurate manner whilst reflecting a true financial value.
Main duties & responsibilities
- To highlight and investigate high value, high levels and slow moving inventory items.
- To perform spot-checks in the Departments and Outlets to ensure that all revenue is being posted and that cost control systems are being maintained.
- To ensure that all menu items have a recipe.
- To assist F&B Department Managers with costing food and beverage recipes and maintain the recipe and menu files within the Purchasing System.
- In conjunction with the F&B Department, actively find ways to control costs and minimise wastage.
- To assist the F&B Department with full menu costing and theoretical cost analysis.
- To set reorder quantities for all stock items in conjunction with Department Managers.
- To establish and monitor par stocks in line with agreed levels advised by the Financial Controller and the F&B Manager.
- To check all transfers posted by stores.
- To assist Purchasing and Accounts Payable by matching delivery dockets with invoices.
- To control departmental transfer and issue procedures.
- To be familiar with Point of Sale operations and cashiering.
- In conjunction with the Purchasing Manager oversee the tendering process for the supply of large volume items to the Hotel.
- To ensure all suppliers that have listing fees and retro credits due are invoiced and receipts accounted for.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual, ideally someone who has worked in a similar Accounts Cost Controller role within the hospitality or travel and tourism industry. We would be looking for someone that has outstanding people management skills, a keen eye for detail and exceptional organisational abilities. The role is varied and involves a great deal of interaction with all departments within the Hotel.
Other skills that will need to be demonstrated include:
- Strong customer care skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- A high standard of personal presentation
- Confident, professional and welcoming personality
- Advanced Sun Systems & Microsoft Excel skills preferred
- A good understanding of all areas of the Accounts department preferred
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.