In the role of Cost Controller you will analyse Hotel revenue and expenses, (with an emphasis towards Food and Beverage) focusing on investigating and providing analytical data and implementing and monitoring control systems to ensure cost effective decisions are made. You will ensure all Hotel inventory assets are held in a secure and accurate manner whilst reflecting a true financial value.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Main responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- To prepare and issue weekly accurate Food and Beverage Cost of Sales reports
- To produce a month End report on Group margins, purchasing, stock, and cost control report that can be distributed to all department Managers.
- Together with the Finance Managers, involvement in developing best practice for cost control on a group level.
- To oversee and participate in all monthly Departmental stocktakes (Health Club, Beverage, Tobacco, OS&E).
- To build and maintain effective communication channels and proactive working relationships with all Department Managers, to ensure the most effective cost control operation.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual, ideally someone who has worked in a similar Cost Controller role within the hospitality or travel and tourism industry. We would be looking for someone that has outstanding people management skills, a keen eye for detail and exceptional organisational abilities. The role is varied and involves a great deal of interaction with all departments within the Hotel.
Other skills that will need to be demonstrated include:
- Strong customer care skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- A high standard of personal presentation
- Confident, professional and welcoming personality
- Advanced Sun Systems & Microsoft Excel skills preferred
- A good understanding of all areas of the Accounts department preferred
This is a fantastic role for a talented individual who is looking for a new challenge and wants to join a fast paced and high performing team renowned for their approach and delivery of unparalleled service.
Here at Maybourne, we strive to reward our employees for the incredible work they do every single day. In return for your hard work and dedication we offer you:
- Excellent salary package.
- Family Friendly company policies including enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay.
- Holiday allowance increase after 3 and 5 years of service.
- Travel Season Ticket Loans.
- Pension Scheme*.
Health and Wellbeing Support
- Subsidised monthly Podiatrist and Masseuse treatments.
- Free online GP video consultations.
- Flu vaccination vouchers*.
- Eye test vouchers and contributions towards glasses*.
- 24-hour employee assistance helpline.
- On and off-site Occupational Health Service.
- Death in Service salary contribution.
- Various wellbeing activities focused on mental and physical health.
- A complimentary state-of-the-art all-day dining staff restaurant serving a range of nutritious meals.
Recognition and Career Development
- Referral Scheme ‘Introduce a Star’ where you can earn up to £1,500*.
- Instant employee recognition and award programme with generous prizes.
- Employee of the month nominations with generous prizes.
- Additional paid day off to celebrate your Birthday.
- Internal transfer and promotion opportunities.
- In-house training and development team with a strong focus on career progression and personal growth.
- Long service awards.
- Preferential room rates of £50 per overnight stay for yourself or your family across the Maybourne Hotel Group.
- Hotel Guest Experience Stay* including an overnight stay and wining and dining at our infamous restaurants and bars.
- 50% Food and Beverage discount* across the Maybourne Hotel Group.
- Social events (Annual Awards, Summer Maybourne Picnic, Welcome to Work, Annual Staff Party, Annual Staff Children Party, etc.)
- Wedding and Baby gifts.
- Retirement functions.
*Terms and conditions apply to all benefits.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now