A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a passionate and motivated Porter to join the opening Guest Services team at The Emory.
The Maybourne is proud to introduce a new architectural landmark to London. The final project designed by the late Lord Richard Rogers, The Emory will be an exclusive, world-class hub of art and culture which marks the addition of a modern masterpiece to the group's global luxury estate. Situated on Knightsbridge and overlooking Hyde Park, The Emory will present 60 extraordinary suites set over 8 floors and a spectacular penthouse occupying the entire 9th floor.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
As a Porter you will provide a warm welcome and accommodate guests’ requests, you will communicate in a professional and friendly way with all relevant departments.
Main responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Load and unload luggage into/from guest cars, verifying with guest that all luggage is complete.
- Ensure that you know the name, location and time of functions taking place in banqueting prior to commencing your duties.
- Assist with parking and driving guests’ cars upon arrival and throughout their stay.
- Have a good knowledge of local area so that directions can be given.
- Contribute in maintaining an excellent level of service in conjunction with the minimum requirement of the LQA and Forbes standards at all times.
Successful candidates for the Porter opportunity will demonstrate genuine dedication to The Emory and show a commitment to consistent quality in our product and service.
We anticipate applicants will have previous experience in a similar role, valid UK driving license and will have worked in a luxury hotel environment.
This is an exciting role for a talented individual who is looking for a new challenge and wants to join a fast paced and high performing hotel team renowned for their approach and delivery of unparalleled service.
Here at Maybourne, we strive to reward our employees for the incredible work they do every single day. In return for your hard work and dedication we offer you:
- Excellent salary package.
- Family Friendly company policies including enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay.
- Holiday allowance increase after 3 and 5 years of service.
- Travel Season Ticket Loans.
- Pension Scheme*.
Health and Wellbeing Support
- Subsidised monthly Podiatrist and Masseuse treatments.
- Flu vaccination vouchers*.
- Eye test vouchers and contributions towards glasses*.
- 24-hour colleague assistance helpline.
- On and off-site Occupational Health Service.
- Death in Service salary contribution.
- Various wellbeing activities focused on mental and physical health.
- A complimentary state-of-the-art all-day dining staff restaurant serving a range of nutritious meals.
Recognition and Career Development
- Referral Scheme ‘Introduce a Star’.
- Instant colleague recognition and award programme with generous prizes.
- Colleague of the month nominations with generous prizes.
- Additional paid day off to celebrate your Birthday.
- Internal transfer and promotion opportunities.
- In-house training and development team with a strong focus on career progression and personal growth.
- Long service awards.
- Preferential room rates per overnight stay for yourself or your family across Maybourne.
- Hotel Guest Experience Stay* including an overnight stay and wining and dining at our renowned restaurants and bars.
- 50% Food and Beverage discount* across Maybourne.
- Social events (Annual Awards, Summer Maybourne Picnic, Welcome to Work, Annual Colleague Party, Annual Colleague Children's Party, etc.)
- Wedding and Baby gifts.
- Retirement functions.
*Terms and conditions apply to all benefits.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now