An exceptional opportunity has arisen for a passionate Front Office Manager to lead the Front Office team at the award-winning 5-star Connaught Hotel.
Found at the heart of Mayfair village, The Connaught blends tradition with contemporary flair. With its bespoke service, 3,000-piece art collection, three Michelin-starred restaurant Hélène Darroze at The Connaught and London’s only Aman Spa, it has always been the choice for connoisseurs of the art of living well. Jean-Georges at The Connaught offers all-hours informal gourmet dining; and the exquisite Connaught Bar has won prestigious awards for its masterful mixology.
Main duties & responsibilities
As a Front Office Manager you will be:
- Ensuring the smooth running of the Front office team and the delivery of an exceptional guest experience at The Connaught
- Ensuring that guests are provided with outstanding, personalised and consistent service throughout their stay at The Connaught and always aiming at exceeding their expectations
- Encouraging team development and training and ensuring that all colleagues are supported and motivated
- Be an accomplished manager who shares our passion for delivering an amazing and outstanding guest service
- Have a proven experience in Front Office within a similar establishment is essential
- Need to demonstrate the ability to communicate at all levels within the organisation with strong inter-personal and people management skills
- Have an excellent and confident communicator
- Take a hands-on and proactive approach to your role with a key focus on developing and supporting your team members
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the award winning team in one of London’s most renowned hotels and offers excellent opportunities for career development and progression.
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.