Director of event sales
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a talented Director of Events Sales to join our outstanding events team at the 5-Star Connaught Hotel.
Found at the heart of Mayfair village, The Connaught blends tradition with contemporary flair. With its bespoke service, 3,000-piece art collection, two Michelin-starred restaurant Hélène Darroze at The Connaught and London’s only Aman Spa, it has always been the choice for connoisseurs of the art of living well. Jean-Georges at The Connaught offers all-hours informal gourmet dining; and the exquisite Connaught Bar has won prestigious awards for its masterful mixology.
Main duties & responsibilities
As Director of Events Sales and Head of the department you will join an exceptional team within this high profile hotel.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing the strategic direction
- Overseeing the day to day office operation whilst driving sales for the Connaught’s private events and meeting rooms
You will be an experienced leader with a track record of achievement in:
- Successful events
- Client relationship management
- Profit and Loss analysis
- Managing and developing others.
Ideally you will:
- Have knowledge of the London conference and events market
- Have knowledge of Delphi and SMS systems
- Be a natural and confident communicator, with exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships at all levels.
- Take an organised and proactive approach to your role
- Have proven experience in sales business development as well as managing the requirements of a demanding office within a high profile hotel environment
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now