Assistant chief engineer
An outstanding opportunity has arisen for a highly talented Assistant Chief Engineer to join the management team of the award-winning 5-star deluxe Connaught Hotel, one of London’s most prestigious and renowned hotels.
Found at the heart of Mayfair village, The Connaught blends tradition with contemporary flair. With its bespoke service, 3,000-piece art collection, two Michelin-starred restaurant Hélène Darroze at The Connaught and London’s only Aman Spa, it has always been the choice for connoisseurs of the art of living well. Jean-Georges at The Connaught offers all-hours informal gourmet dining; and the exquisite Connaught Bar has won prestigious awards for its masterful mixology.
Main duties & responsibilities
As Assistant Chief Engineer you will:
- Assist in managing the performance of the technical services and engineering function
- Manage daily operations
- Deliver planned and preventative maintenance strategies
- Deliver and assist in leading hotel, building and CAPEX projects.
You will have responsibility for managing the property’s maintenance strategy and agenda, ensuring the integrity of the product and will be the internal property specialist to the operations team for all property, building, M&E, legislative H&S requirements and daily operational needs within a sophisticated building.
You will be an exceptional manager with proven experience of supervising and leading an engineering function and team within a similar environment.
The ability to work with integrated building management systems and in room and building control systems is a key aspect of this role, as is strong project management and exceptional team management skills.
You will be:
- An excellent and confident communicator with the ability to develop and lead a team of 17
- Able to work across all levels of the organisation both at hotel and corporate level
- Be a proactive and solutions focused manager.
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now