We are looking for a passionate and ambitious bar host/hostess to join a fantastic team at the award-winning connaught bar.
Found at the heart of Mayfair village, The Connaught blends tradition with contemporary flair. With its bespoke service, 3,000-piece art collection, two Michelin-starred restaurant Hélène Darroze at The Connaught and London’s only Aman Spa, it has always been the choice for connoisseurs of the art of living well. Jean-Georges at The Connaught offers all-hours informal gourmet dining; and the exquisite Connaught Bar has won prestigious awards for its masterful mixology.
Ultra-stylish décor and mouth-watering cocktails put the Connaught Bar in Mayfair into a league of its own. Inspired by English Cubist and Irish 1920s art, with textured walls shimmering in platinum silver leaf overlaid with dusty pink, pistachio and lilac, designer David Collins has produced a gem of a London bar. The Connaught Bar cocktail menu is a fusion of tradition and innovation using exclusive vintages and limited edition champagnes, spirits and liqueurs.
Main duties & responsibilities
- As Bar Host/Hostess, you will provide a courteous and efficient service to all guests and maintain the levels of service to the highest standards throughout each shift.
- You will be responsible for greeting and seating guests in a warm friendly manner to ensure that the highest standards of service are maintained at all times.
- You must be a true ambassador for excellent service, dealing with all requests and queries in an efficient and professional manner, whether face to face or over the telephone.
- As Bar Host/Hostess, you must be motivated, highly organised, passionate and have a special flair for hospitality.
- You will need to be well presented, have excellent communication skills and a pleasant telephone manner.
- You need to be a strong communicator to ensure that important information is passed on to guests and the bar colleague.
- You need to work well under pressure and bring good administration skills.
- his is a fantastic opportunity for an individual who is looking to further their skills and to develop their career in a busy and demanding bar.
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now