Following the recent announcement that Chef Daniel Humm and Restaurateur Will Guidara of Make it Nice Hospitality will take the helm at Claridge’s new restaurant, Davies and Brook, we are seeking a highly talented and motivated Wine Director to lead the Sommelier team and assist with the Dining Room teamat Davies & Brook at Claridge’s.
About Make it Nice & Davies & Brook:
Widely regarded as two of the world’s culinary leaders and innovators, Humm and Guidara operate Eleven Madison Park, voted No.1 in the world by The World’s 50 Best Restaurants in 2017 as well as the NoMad restaurants and bars in New York, Los Angeles and Las Vegas and Made Nice, a fast- casual restaurant in New York City.
Davies & Brook will focus on a warm, inviting and engaging hospitality. Guests of the fine dining restaurant can expect a menu that embraces the heritage of its location with a contemporary sensibility.
At the centre of London’s Mayfair, Claridge’s is a unique combination of splendour and charm, renowned for its impeccable, intuitive service. The hotel’s original art deco interiors have been interwoven with modern flourishes. It also has a famous all-day dining restaurant, the Foyer & Reading Room, and two bars: Claridge’s Bar and the intimate Fumoir.
Our new restaurant Davies and Brook is set to open in summer 2019.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join an outstanding culinary team and the management team of one of London’s most renowned hotels, offering fantastic opportunities for career development and progression.
In return we offer fantastic industry leading rewards and benefits
Main duties & responsibilities
As Wine Director, you will lead and develop a top performing team within an environment with exceptional hospitality, ensuring a smooth running of the daily operation while maintaining all of our standards. Working closely with Make it Nice Wine Director, Cedric Nicaise, Davies and Brook General Manager, and the sommelier team, you will hold a key role in building and developing beverage service standards and maintaining a cohesive, quality wine list.
- The successful candidate will be a highly skilled individual who is motivated by leading a team of sommeliers and working as part of the wider Dining Room team.
- We are looking for an applicant who thrives under pressure, is outgoing, flexible, well organised, and has excellent attention to detail.
- A strong and natural ability to motivate, manage and develop a successful team and operation is essential.
- You will have a proven background within fine dining restaurants within a senior role where quality wine service plays an important role.
- An excellent and confident communicator, you will take a hands-on approach to your role and your team, with a focus on training, development and succession planning.
- A sound knowledge of the London restaurant scene and taking a proactive role in relevant gastronomic food and beverage associations would be beneficial for this role.
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now