Head Pastry Chef
Following the recent announcement that Chef Daniel Humm and Restaurateur Will Guidara of Make it Nice Hospitality will take the helm at Claridge’s new restaurant, Davies and Brook, we are seeking a highly talented and motivated Pastry Head Chef to lead the pastry team at Davies & Brook at Claridge’s.
About Make it Nice & Davies & Brook:
Widely regarded as two of the world’s culinary leaders and innovators, Humm and Guidara operate Eleven Madison Park, voted No.1 in the world by The World’s 50 Best Restaurants in 2017 as well as the NoMad restaurants and bars in New York, Los Angeles and Las Vegas and Made Nice, a fast- casual restaurant in New York City.
Davies and Brook, which will be designed by Brad Cloepfil from Allied Works, will be led by Executive Chef Dmitri Magi, previously Chef de Cuisine at Eleven Madison Park. Davies & Brook will focus on a warm, inviting and engaging hospitality. Guests of the fine dining restaurant can expect a menu that embraces the heritage of its location with a contemporary sensibility.
At the centre of London’s Mayfair, Claridge’s is a unique combination of splendour and charm, renowned for its impeccable, intuitive service. The hotel’s original art deco interiors have been interwoven with modern flourishes. It also has a famous all-day dining restaurant, the Foyer & Reading Room, and two bars: Claridge’s Bar and the intimate Fumoir.
Our new restaurant Davies and Brook is set to open in summer 2019.
Main duties & responsibilities
As Head Pastry Chef, you will lead and develop a top performing team within an exceptional culinary environment, ensuring a smooth running of the daily operation while maintaining all of our standards. Working closely with Make it Nice Executive Pastry Chef, Mark Welker, Davies and Brook Executive Chef Dmitri Magi, and your Pastry brigade, you will hold a key role in building and developing culinary concepts and menus in order to contribute to the success of the restaurant. You will ensure that the revenue performance in line with budget expectations is achieved.
- The successful candidate will be a highly skilled individual who is motivated by leading a team of Pastry Chefs and working as part of the wider Kitchen Brigade.
- We are looking for an applicant who thrives under pressure, is outgoing, flexible, well organised, and has excellent attention to detail.
- A strong and natural ability to motivate, manage and develop a successful team and operation is essential.
- You will have a proven background within in Pastry Kitchens within a senior role where quality food and ingredients are key priorities.
- An excellent and confident communicator, you will take a hands-on approach to your role and your team, with a focus on training, development and succession planning.
- A sound knowledge of the London restaurant scene and taking a proactive role in relevant gastronomic food and beverage associations would be beneficial for this role.
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now