Director of Housekeeping
We are seeking an exceptional Director of Housekeeping to join the Claridge’s team. Our colleagues possess an intuitive service style that reflects the elegance and timelessness that has been long established in Claridge’s.
At the centre of London’s Mayfair, Claridge’s is a unique combination of splendour and charm, renowned for its impeccable, intuitive service. The hotel’s original art deco interiors have been interwoven with modern flourishes. It also has a famous all-day dining restaurant, the Foyer & Reading Room, and two bars: Claridge’s Bar and the intimate Fumoir.
Main duties & responsibilities
As a Director of Housekeeping you will be responsible for:
- Manage and maintain the smooth operation and efficiency of the Housekeeping Department
- Assume complete operational responsibility for designated areas: guest satisfaction; product quality; operational efficiency; staffing matters
- Manage and control the financial performance of designated areas, maximising revenue and profit performance in line with budgets
- Manage the housekeeping team, in order to provide memorable experiences for our guests.
- Ensuring that the highest standards are maintained at all times.
- The development and ongoing learning of our housekeeping team members
- Ensuring that each of our unique rooms, finest linens and amenities are kept in exceptional condition.
Successful candidates for our Director of Housekeeping opportunity will:
- Have excellent communication skills, and be able to lead and manage a large team.
- Demonstrate genuine dedication to Claridge’s and show a commitment to consistent quality in our product and service.
- Demonstrate an absolute understanding of our guests needs to create exceptional service experiences, that result in lasting memories
- Be motivated, creative and have worked in a similar role, within a five star environment.
- You will have a passion for quality products and service, be a team player who is an avid learner who wants to be challenged and developed.
- Be able to work under pressure, and be able to adapt to our guests ever changing needs.
This is an exciting role for a talented individual who is looking for a new challenge and wants to join a fast paced and high performing hotel team renowned for their approach and delivery of unparalleled service.
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now