With an independent spirit and an eye for style, The Berkeley is the epitome of modern British luxury. Rooms are by leading designers, and London’s original fashionista afternoon tea is served daily in the Collins Room. The Berkeley is perfectly positioned between Hyde Park, fashionable Knightsbridge and the residential neighbourhood of Belgravia. Its signature experiences include the famed Blue Bar, two Michelin-starred dining in Marcus and the Bamford Haybarn Spa, with heavenly swimming pool.
To join our Front office team around Reception Manager Laurie Paret, we are currently recruiting for a talented and enthusiastic Switchboard Operator.
Main duties & responsibilities
As a Switchboard Operator you will be providing an efficient, professional, friendly and helpful telephone service to guests, employees and external callers. You will be also assisting guests in our business centre with faxing, photocopying and other requests. As a Switchboard operator you will be liaising with all departments where necessary to ensure a high level of communication and thus maintaining service levels expected by The Berkeley.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated Switchboard Operator who we anticipate will have worked in a similar role within the hospitality industry. You will have excellent communication skills and attention to detail in order to deliver outstanding quality and service.
Other skills that will need to be demonstrated include:
- A good command of both written and spoken English
- Excellent telephone manner, articulate and pleasant voice are essential
- Excellent attention to detail
- A high standard of personal presentation
- Ability to work under pressure
- Confident and professional approach
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now