To join our team around Executive Chef Shaun Whatling, we are currently recruiting for an enthusiastic and talented Sous Chef. As a Sous Chef you will be looking after culinary delights for our restaurant Collins Room, In-Room Dining, Banqueting Events, Blue Bar and our Health Club & Spa.
With an independent spirit and an eye for style, The Berkeley is the epitome of modern British luxury. Rooms are by leading designers, and London’s original fashionista afternoon tea is served daily in the Collins Room. The Berkeley is perfectly positioned between Hyde Park, fashionable Knightsbridge and the residential neighbourhood of Belgravia. Its signature experiences include the famed Blue Bar, two Michelin-starred dining in Marcus and the Bamford Haybarn Spa, with heavenly swimming pool.
Main duties & responsibilities
You will be responsible for the day to day supervision of the kitchen operation while setting and maintaining a standard of excellence and creating extraordinary dishes.
- Lead a team of dedicated and experienced professionals and work alongside our Executive Chef
- Be also responsible for motivating, developing and training the more junior members of the brigade
We anticipate you will have worked in a similar role within the hospitality industry. You will be a team player, have excellent communication skills and attention to detail in order to deliver outstanding quality and service.
Other skills that will need to be demonstrated include:
- Exceptional culinary skills
- A passion for Food
- An excellent command of English
- Excellent leadership skills
- Good level of computer literacy
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good training and coaching skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A high standard of personal presentation
- Confident and professional approach
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now