Sous chef - Pastry
To join our team around head pastry chef Mourad Khiat, we are currently recruiting for an enthusiastic and talented Sous chef.
With an independent spirit and an eye for style, The Berkeley is the epitome of modern British luxury. Rooms are by leading designers, and London’s original fashionista afternoon tea is served daily in the Collins Room. The Berkeley is perfectly positioned between Hyde Park, fashionable Knightsbridge and the residential neighbourhood of Belgravia. Its signature experiences include the famed Blue Bar, two Michelin-starred dining in Marcus and the Bamford Haybarn Spa, with heavenly swimming pool.
Main duties & responsibilities
The Berkeley’s culinary section is renowned for its creativity and is reflected in its award winning Prêt-a-Portea afternoon tea collection.
As a Sous chef you will be looking after our Afternoon tea Prêt-a-Portea and all other sweet delights for our restaurant Collins Room, in-room dining, banqueting events, Blue Bar and our Health Club & Spa. You will be responsible for the day to day supervision, preparation and service of all our pastry requirements, ensuring the highest standards are maintained at all times.
You will ensure that strict hygiene controls are kept in the pastry kitchen and work closely with the head pastry chef ensuring the seamless running of the department by developing the team to provide excellent pastries, desserts and delights for our restaurant and banqueting events.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated individual who we anticipate will have worked in a similar role within the hospitality industry. The ideal candidate will be a team player who is a fast learner, adaptable and has exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
Other skills that will need to be demonstrated include:
- Strong customer care skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- A high standard of personal presentation
- Confident, professional and welcoming personality
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now