We are currently seeking a talented and enthusiastic Seamstress to join our linen room team at The Berkeley.
With an independent spirit and an eye for style, The Berkeley is the epitome of modern British luxury. Rooms are by leading designers, and London’s original fashionista afternoon tea is served daily in the Collins Room. The Berkeley is perfectly positioned between Hyde Park, fashionable Knightsbridge and the residential neighbourhood of Belgravia. Its signature experiences include the famed Blue Bar, two Michelin-starred dining in Marcus and the Bamford Haybarn Spa, with heavenly swimming pool.
Main duties & responsibilities
You will be responsible for the general repair and alteration of guests’ clothing, staff uniforms and assist with Valet services when necessary. You will be engaging with hotel guests and responding to their alteration requests while maintaining the highest standards of guest service at all times.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Seamstress who we anticipate will have worked in a similar role within the hospitality industry. You will have excellent communication skills and attention to detail in order to deliver outstanding quality and service.
Other skills that will need to be demonstrated include:
- A good command of spoken English
- Excellent guest care skills
- A high standard of personal presentation
- Ability to work under pressure
- Able to carry out demanding manual work
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now