A fantastic opportunity has come up for a motivated restaurant host/ess to join our Collins Room team around Restaurant Manager, Steven Driscoll.
With an independent spirit and an eye for style, The Berkeley is the epitome of modern British luxury. Rooms are by leading designers, and London’s original fashionista afternoon tea is served daily in the Collins Room. The Berkeley is perfectly positioned between Hyde Park, fashionable Knightsbridge and the residential neighbourhood of Belgravia. Its signature experiences include the famed Blue Bar, two Michelin-starred dining in Marcus and the Bamford Haybarn Spa, with heavenly swimming pool.
Main duties & responsibilities
We are currently looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Host/Hostess to join our Collins Room restaurant, offering British classics and being the setting for our award-winning fashionista's afternoon tea, Prêt-à-Portea. You will ensure the seamless running of the reception area during breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner services. You will welcome our guests upon arrival in a friendly and warm manner and assign a suitable table for their needs. Other responsibilities include having knowledge of the restaurant menu and beverage list, communicating guests’ special requests or dietary requirements to the restaurant team, and providing general administration duties as answering telephone and dealing with booking and general queries.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated Host/Hostess who we anticipate will have worked in a similar role within the hospitality industry. You will be a team player, have excellent communication skills and attention to detail in order to deliver outstanding quality and service.
Other skills that will need to be demonstrated include:
- A good command of both written and spoken English
- Excellent telephone manner, articulate and pleasant voice are essential
- Excellent guest service skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- A high standard of personal presentation
- Confident, professional and welcoming personality
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now