We are currently seeking a well-presented and enthusiastic lobby host/ess to join our team around Head Concierge Alan Noone.
With an independent spirit and an eye for style, The Berkeley is the epitome of modern British luxury. Rooms are by leading designers, and London’s original fashionista afternoon tea is served daily in the Collins Room. The Berkeley is perfectly positioned between Hyde Park, fashionable Knightsbridge and the residential neighbourhood of Belgravia. Its signature experiences include the famed Blue Bar, two Michelin-starred dining in Marcus and the Bamford Haybarn Spa, with heavenly swimming pool.
Main duties & responsibilities
As a Lobby Host/ess you will be the first point of contact and the face of The Berkeley as you greet each visitor and guest entering the hotel. Your duties will also include directing guests and visitors to reception, our various outlets or event spaces whilst demonstrating good knowledge of the hotel and Knightsbridge.
- 4 on / 4 off
- 12 hours per day
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Receptionist, who we anticipate will have worked in a similar role within the hospitality industry. The ideal candidate will be a team player who is a fast learner, adaptable and has exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
Other skills that will need to be demonstrated include:
- Excellent guest care skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Fluent level of spoken English
- Excellent telephone manner
- Confident, professional and welcoming personality
- A high standard of personal presentation
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now