Assistant events operations manager
With an independent spirit and an eye for style, The Berkeley is the epitome of modern British luxury. Rooms are by leading designers, and London’s original fashionista afternoon tea is served daily in the Collins Room. The Berkeley is perfectly positioned between Hyde Park, fashionable Knightsbridge and the residential neighbourhood of Belgravia. Its signature experiences include the famed Blue Bar, two Michelin-starred dining in Marcus and the Bamford Haybarn Spa, with heavenly swimming pool.
To join our creative team around Matthew Wilkinson, Events Operations Manager we are currently recruiting for a talented and enthusiastic Assistant Events Operations Manager.
Main duties & responsibilities
As an Assistant Events Operations Manager you will be working closely with our Events Operations Manager and will be responsible for the smooth running and overall success of events taking place at the hotel while maintaining the company standards in respect of quality, quantity and service. You will be carrying out preparation for upcoming events and ensuring employees and agency requirements are booked in advance. You will be also responsible for motivating, training, developing and managing our events team in order to ensure consistency of brand standards and a high level of performance and service delivery.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent team leader and will have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
Other skills that will need to be demonstrated include:
- Exceptional organisational skills with the ability to prioritise effectively
- Excellent time management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent guest care skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to supervise and develop a large team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A high standard of personal presentation
- Confident, professional and welcoming personality
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now