We are currently seeking an experienced Receptionist to join our vibrant team at The Berkeley.
As a Receptionist you will be responsible for creating a warm and friendly welcome to our guests at arrival and ensuring their stay is special and memorable. You will ensure seamless checking-in, rooming and departure of the hotel by learning about our guests and creating a personalised service. As a Receptionist you will also be checking reservation details, upselling and maximising revenue, and promoting our hotel outlets and services at all times. You will be also responsible for an allocated float, daily banking and handling cash.
Main duties & responsibilities
As a Receptionist you will be responsible:
- To welcome all guests according to SOP and hotel service standards
- To perform check-in and check out in accordance to SOP and hotel service standards
- To be fully aware of hotel’s credit/ cash and cheque handling procedures
- To aid and assist guest throughout their stay in a friendly and professional manner, passing any complaints to the Shift Leader.
- To answer internal and external phone calls according to SOP and hotel service standards
- To assist with night shifts
- To attend communication meetings and daily briefings
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Receptionist, who we anticipate will have worked in a similar role within the hospitality industry. The ideal candidate will be a team player who is a fast learner, adaptable and has exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
Other skills that will need to be demonstrated include:
- Excellent guest care skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Fluent level of spoken English
- Excellent telephone manner
- Confident, professional and welcoming personality
- A high standard of personal presentation
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now