Reception Shift Leader
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Shift leader to join the Reception team at The Berkeley hotel.
With an independent spirit and an eye for style, The Berkeley is the epitome of modern British luxury. Rooms are by leading designers, and London’s original fashionista afternoon tea is served daily in the Collins Room. The Berkeley is perfectly positioned between Hyde Park, fashionable Knightsbridge and the residential neighbourhood of Belgravia. Its signature experiences include the famed Blue Bar, Michelin-starred dining in Marcus and the Bamford Haybarn Spa, with heavenly swimming pool.
Main duties & responsibilities
As a Shift leader you will be responsible for the smooth running of the shift at the Front Desk, delegating all tasks from the shift duties list and assisting the Receptionists where necessary. Throughout your shift, you will complete general reception duties, allocate rooms best suitable for each guest and ensure that credit procedures are followed. You will make sure that all work is completed at the end of each shift, that any guest issues are followed up and that guest history is updated accordingly. You will be responsible for the handover to the next shift and ensure that banking and balancing of the shift is accurately completed.
Furthermore, you will continuously endeavour to improve the procedures and standards of service of the Reception team.
Other skills that will need to be demonstrated include
- Excellent guest care skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Exceptionally well groomed and presented
- Excellent attention to detail
- Confident, professional and welcoming personality
- Knowledge of Opera PMS
- Fluent level of spoken English
- Excellent telephone manner
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated Shift leader who we anticipate will have worked in a similar role within the hospitality industry. The ideal candidate will be a team player who is a fast learner, adaptable and has exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now