Painter & Decorator
We are currently seeking an experienced Painter & Decorator to join our Technical Services team at The Berkeley.
With an independent spirit and an eye for style, The Berkeley is the epitome of modern British luxury. Rooms are by leading designers, and London’s original fashionista afternoon tea is served daily in the Collins Room. The Berkeley is perfectly positioned between Hyde Park, fashionable Knightsbridge and the residential neighbourhood of Belgravia. Its signature experiences include the famed Blue Bar, Michelin-starred dining in Marcus and the Bamford Haybarn Spa, with heavenly swimming pool.
Main duties & responsibilities
As Painter and Decorator in our hotel you will be responsible for upholding our beautiful bedrooms to a pristine condition.Variety is the key to your work, as many rooms are individually designed and decorated to ensure you always have a challenge.
You will ensure the paint work is neat throughout the building and you will also be required to carry out wallpapering work and tiling throughout the entire building.
Other skills that will need to be demonstrated include:
- Prior experience working in the hospitality environment in 4*or 5* Hotels or Private Hospitals.
- Excellent all round Painting & Decorating skills including both Trade vinyl and standard width papers
- City & Guilds or Equivalent NVQ I II III qualified in painting & decorating
- The ability to work unsupervised or as part of a team when larger projects are being attended to
- Strong customer care skills
- Good command of English
- Extensive Health and Safety knowledge
- Team Player
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- A high standard of personal presentation
- Confident, professional and welcoming personality
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated individual who we anticipate will be an experienced painter and decorator, ideally with knowledge of the hospitality or travel and tourism industry however this is not essential. The ideal candidate will be a team player who is a fast learner, adaptable and has exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Competitive salary
- Preferential room rates for yourself and family across Maybourne Hotel Group
- 50% food & beverage discount across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Vast range of learning and development programmes, for colleagues and managers at all levels
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion across Maybourne Hotel Group
- Social events & activities
- Wellbeing events & activities
- Critical illness cover
- Season ticket loan
- Additional benefits & initiatives may be available in local properties
Terms & conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.Apply Now